Plaid is a financial services platform that enables consumers to seamlessly connect their bank accounts to merchant applications. For merchants who accept ACH payments, Plaid is a common platform to authenticate customers’ account details and so Riskified has partnered with Plaid to use account data as part of our fraud decisioning.
If you have an existing relationship with Plaid, follow the steps below to permit Riskified access to Plaid’s authenticated payment data.
- Please note this integration assumes you have an existing relationship with Plaid for bank account validation and authentication. If you do not currently use Plaid’s services, please Sign Up and refer to Plaid’s Quickstart Guide to get started.
- Log into your Plaid Dashboard
- Go to the Developer > Integrations section and Enable the integration with Riskified.
Creating the processor_token:
- Your application calls /link/token/create to launch Plaid Link for customers to associate their bank account and enable Plaid access. You will receive a public_token in response.
- Exchange the public_token for an access_token via /item/public_token/exchange. The access_token represents the Plaid Item for all accounts authorized by the customer and their financial institution.
- Create a processor_token via /processor/token/create for the specific account used as the payment method for the customer’s order. You will need:
- access_token from the previous step
- account_id from Plaid Link for the specific account used for order payment
- processor: ‘riskified’
- Send the processor_token to Riskified as part of the /decide, /create, or /decision as the payment_details.token. For more information, please refer to our API ref.